Lilly Dog is a very important member of my family. She spends so much time by my side and has learned my daily routines so well that I rarely have to give her voice prompts. She knows when to sit, when to stay and has an inner clock that seems to know when everyone in the household is supposed to leave or come home. Lilly has been such a sense of joy and comfort to me through the years and has taught me a lot.
These are ten things that I have learned from Lilly…
1. Love unconditionally, even if it sometimes is not returned.
2. Be patient and good things will come.
3. Pay attention to detail.
4. Exercise daily.
5. Be supportive of the people you love.
6. Play often.
7. Take naps.
8. Accept praise.
9. Listen to your gut instincts.
10. Find joy in each new day.
I hope to remain mindful of these lessons and to keep them in practice throughout my life. It just goes to prove that anyone can teach, if we are willing to listen. Thank you, Lilly!