My Bucket List
Maybe I’m just getting older and am starting to feel the press of so many things to do and and so little time to do them, but I am suddenly compelled to create a bucket list. So here it is…
1. Visit Paris and see the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower at night.
2. Take a gondola tour in Venice.
3. Tour a castle in Scotland.
4. Visit the rolling green hills of Ireland.
5. Swim with the dolphins.
6. Visit a tropical island where the water is blue, Antigua maybe.
7. See the volcanos of Hawaii.
8. Tour the Grand Canyan, perhaps by mule.
9. Touch a tree in the Redwood Forest.
10. Take more art classes.
11. Attend a meditation retreat.
12. Ride in a limousine.
13. Become more fluent in French, preferably before going to Paris
14. Finish my novel.
15. Take my family to the San Diego Zoo.
16. Go on a Zip Line Canopy Tour.
17. Go to a spa retreat.
18. Take an African Safari.
19. Experience an Ice Hotel.
20. See the Northern Lights.
21. Visit London.
22. See the Statue of Liberty in New York.
23. Learn Sign Language.
24. Live in Oregon, Georgia, North Carolina or Tennesee, at least somewhere beyond Maine.
25. Live in a foreign country.
26. Start a business that involves energy/body work or something of a holistic nature.
27. Sell a painting.
28. Volunteer at an orphanage.
29. See my daughters get married to partners who treat them well.
30. Homeschool my youngest daughter for at least a year.
So, there it is. As I look over the things that I wish to achieve, I can’t help but to feel a twinge of excitement and hope that I will be able to accomplish some, if not all, of the things on my list. I am also struck by the variance of my heart’s desires. I tried to complete this list by jotting down the first of my wishes that came to mind without giving them too much thought. In doing so, I was confident that my logical mind would not take over and start editing my list before I let my whimsical side express what I really desire.
I am going to update my list as time goes on and will add dates beside the accomplished tasks. I welcome any suggestions on how to complete my goals as some seem quite unsurmountable at this time, such as living overseas, but the wonderful thing about life is that it is constantly changing and new opportunities arrive at your feet every day. So here’s to a wonderful new beginning and let’s hope that when I reflect back on this Bucket List in years to come that there are dates beside some of these goals and fantastic memories to go along with them!
My challenge to all of you is this, tell me something that would be on your bucket list and and why…