Creamy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
My daughters and I have made various adaptations to this recipe and find it to be delicious every time. This is an easy recipe if you’re having friends over for dinner and want to make something out of the ordinary.
3 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 (8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Bunch Green Onions, Chopped OR 1 Cup Finely Chopped Spinach or Broccoli
1/2 Package Raw Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts and lay them open in a baking dish.
3. Mix cream cheese, parmesan and green onions in a bowl; add ground pepper, fresh thyme and rosemary, to taste.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over each chicken breast.
5. Starting at the narrow end, roll chicken breasts over filling.
6. Wrap each chicken breast in 4 slices of bacon and return them to the baking pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
8. Cooking time is about 1 hour.
You can substitute real bacon with turkey bacon or low-sodium bacon with this recipe. The girls and I also use non-fat cream cheese and have mixed various vegetables with it for different fillings. A couple of our favorites are spinach or broccoli as a substitute for the green onions. I also sprinkle a variety of seasonings, complementary to poultry, over the chicken to give the dish a little extra flavor.